=LB= Lethal Brigade :: Forums :: Lethal Brigade :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Mouse problems.
Moderators: mimic, HiredGun, ExoLance, Tpeso, SirAd, Synder
Author Post
Scoots
Sat Apr 13 2013, 8:19pm
Registered Member #255
So I have a Logitec G500. I did like it... at first. Good size, customizable buttons, macro abilities, all that good stuff. But the right button has been giving me trouble.

It has started reporting multiple clicks when I only press once or hold the button down. Obviously this has a crippling effect in practically every gaming scenario. I have dismantled the mouse, cleaned and inspected it and can find no obvious abnormalities. After some googling and youtubing I found a video explaining that it was due to a build up of static charge in dry climates. So i tried covering the switch (internally) with a variety of different materials, including some scraps of anti-static bag. None of them have had an effect.

After those failures, I tried covering the hammer that actually depresses the switch with two layers of duct-tape. There has been marginal improvement, but I still have to be careful of pressure; not too heavy, not too light.

This was my second G500. I returned the first when the wheel stopped registering movement. I don't think I would recommend this mouse to anyone. Which brings me to the point of this post...

I am looking into replacement options and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Gaming mice can be a bit expensive and I want to make sure I find something of good quality and performance.
Synder
Sun Apr 14 2013, 1:23am
BF3 DO
Registered Member #17

It is possible to replace the switches if you have some experience with soldering.  Then it would only cost something like $5 to get a new switch.  
Other than that I've been using the same Razer Lachesis for 5 years now, so it has many thousands of hours of use on it and it still works perfectly.  I think some people are just naturally harder on their mice, as I tend to hear a lot about Razer's quality not being very good, but then I also see a lot of people with broken Logitech's even though everyone says they are rock solid.  That said I have a Logitech G7 that I bought 7 years ago and besides the batteries not holding as much of a charge it still works perfectly as well.  Although I only use that one for light web browsing on other machines, so it hasn't gotten near the same level of use.  

The other thing with gaming mice is people have vastly different preferences when it comes to mice.  I tend to like the smaller lighter mice, while others like the larger heavier mice like the Logitechs, it just depends on how you like to hold the mouse.  So if you can, go to a store where you can actually feel some in your hand before you buy and figure out what you like the best.  

All that saidI am looking at buying this mouse as the finish on top of my Lachesis is actually starting to wear off from all the use so it's not as comfortable to use anymore.
SirAd
Sun Apr 14 2013, 1:46am
Registered Member #4
I currently use a Logitech G700 for general computing and slower paced gaming. For FPS I use a Razer Lachesis since it better suits my FPS mouse grip.

Welcome to the forums.

Intel Core i7 3770K | ASRock Z68 Extreme Gen3 | 16GB DDR3-1600 | EVGA GTX680 FTW 4GB | Samsung 840 500GB SSD

Live Stream: Check it out :D
Scoots
Sun Apr 14 2013, 8:40pm
Registered Member #255
Thanks for the info guys, I'll look into the Razor lineup.

I might try soldering a new switch on the G500 as well if/when the duct tape wears out. As it is now, it's working well enough that it is not in immediate danger of total destruction.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF